[Fredsinitiativet-trondheim] Before the viands are served, all the

Ferm writeups at 684.jp
Wed Aug 19 12:27:34 CEST 2009

Da_. Both texts are published by the firm of Teubner, to whom I am
indebted for permission to use their publications as the basis of this
work. Divergences from the text are indicated in the footnotes, and I
have made a few, perhaps unnecessary, expurgations. For the elucidation
of the magical portions of the _Apologia_ I am specially indebted to
Abt's commentary (_Apologie des Apuleius_, Giessen, 1906). I also owe
much to the articles on Apuleius in Schanz's _Geschichte der roemischen
Litteratur_, and in Pauly-Wissowa's _Real-Encyclopaedie_, and to
Hildebrand's commentary on the works of Apuleius (Leipzig, 1842). H.E.
BUTLER. TABLE OF CONTENTS PAGE INTRODUCTION 5 THE APOLOGIA 19 THE