[Fredsinitiativet-trondheim] . But the utter fallacy of t

Helverson Ruelas imprecation at 4au.com.au
Wed Apr 7 11:39:20 CEST 2010

Er greeted the

comical recital of the adventure as good-naturedly given by the
professor. The only drawback upon our mirth
was the fear lest wet feet and
over fatigue might perhaps have increased his malady.' 'You see now,'
said Aunt Sarah,
with an ominous shake of the head, 'if you will go to such forlorn,
wild

places, what may be expected to happen. Had I been in your friend's
place, I should never have forgiven you for causing me such an
uncomfortable, and, in one sense,
dangerous walk.' 'Oh yes, you would,' cried Elsie; 'the remembrance
would have added a zest to the monotony of your every-day
life, you would never willingly have resigned.' 'I presume, then,
Elsie, you also have had adventures?' 'Have I not?' replied Elsie;
'from the young Southerner who informed
me he would like the mountains very much if the roads
were not so terribly up and down, to the infuriated
bull that took especial offence at my white umbrella, and came charging
toward me, with flashing eyeballs, horns tearing up the sod,
and hoofs threatening a leap
over a low stone wall, the only barrier dividing us.' 'I suppose you
call that pleasure, too!' said
Aunt Sarah. 'Well, I must
confess I am more mystified than ever.' 'I presume, Aunt Sarah, you
could as little appreciate the attractions to be found in a walk of
over twenty miles in ten hours?' 'Very well for men, my dear Elsie, but
I think such excursions scarcely fitting for ladies, especially

for young and pretty ones. One of Lucy's wild-goose
chases, I doubt not! However, I am quite ready to listen to your
experience.' 'One morning, at nine o'clock, Lucy
and I left the Laurel House, intending to visit the valley of the East
Kill, a fine trout stream that rises near the North Mountain, and flows