[Loom-auto] Bone Up On Bones!

Barbara Taylor_Vibrant Life news at heavymetalsout.com
Tue Mar 20 19:05:10 CET 2012

Dear ,

Here is some information on a very important subject; your bones!

Calcium – The Building Block
Don’t Die Of Hip Fracture!
by Karl Loren

A Little Old Woman =-= With A Cane -- And Probably With Bone ProblemsA large number of people, particularly women, die in bed, from the complications caused by a simple fall – a fall causing a fracture of the hip – leading to death!

I want to explore that issue for you! In this article called Bone Up On Bones.

My mother-in-law, 83, got out of bed one night, just a few months before I started writing this. She got up to go to the bathroom, lost her balance and fell. Jimmy Stewart did a similar thing in December, 1995. My mother-in-law was lucky. She did NOT break anything. But, she had also been taking a particular type of calcium which I’ll be describing later in this issue.

Had it not been for that calcium, then the act of getting dizzy as she got out of bed could have been her death!

Let’s say you are a woman over 50. You are in bed. It’s 3 AM. You have to urinate. You get out of bed, lose your balance, and simply fall against the bed, then down to the floor. But, your bones are so brittle that this very slight fall is enough to cause a fracture.

Pain!

You go to the hospital, and you learn that you are now going to have to spend a long time in bed, recovering from a very slight fracture of the hip.

As it turns out, you never leave that bed!

You eat EVERY meal in bed!

Your bones never heal!
This Man May Eat Every Meal For The Rest of His Life -- In Bed!
You die – not because of the fractured bone, but because of other complications.

Find out more about that in this article, and more importantly, find out how to prevent this from happening to you.

Is This Common?

bone of hipMillions of older Americans die terribly from the lack of calcium in their bones – they don’t have enough calcium to prevent the bones from breaking in a very slight fall. The bone fractures or breaks, and they have so little bone health left that the bone won’t heal.

They lie in bed, slowly slipping down hill. Finally, they die mostly because they couldn't ever get out of bed.

When you are older, the healing process takes longer because you are already losing bone mass daily just by living at your advanced age.

When you are young, and break a bone, you start the healing from a time when you had been normally ADDING bone mass on a daily basis. When you are older, you start the healing of a bone break from a condition where you are probably already losing bone, every day. Now you have the double problem.

When you live for a while in a bed, allowing that bone to heal, you lose bone mass ever faster and the bones just never get a chance to heal. Healing COULD take place, and it would take only two actions – well planned exercise (even in bed) and the proper calcium supplement program (including not only calcium but the supporting nutrients).

Even In The Hospital They Insist You Do Your Daily Physical Therapy!physical therapy

You Should Do No Less At Home -- Every Day!

Exercise is particularly important for older people – it doesn’t have to be rigorous, but it does have to put some weight on your leg and hip bones – just gentle walking will be fine. In bed you would have to be more creative, but it can be done.  I know it is difficult because, for instance, when you are old, in pain, in bed, you might just be thinking, "Oh! What's the use!" Well, that is up to you, but if you DO want to live, then do your exercises -- every day, in or out of the hospital!  In or out of bed!

If you spend almost all of your time sitting, or in bed, your bones will start to disappear!

The common name for this problem is Osteoporosis. Osteoporosis is a disease of the bones, characterized by a decrease in bone mass and density.  The word implies that the bones get "porous" but that is not quite true. What actually happens is that you lose the minerals out of the bones -- and they become brittle and fragile.

The resulting weakness in the skeleton increases the risk of broken bones, particularly those of the vertebrae (backbone), wrist and hip. By the time this has happened, up to 30 percent of the sufferer’s bone mass may have been lost.

These broken bones are often caused by a minor fall or bump which would not normally cause a break.

A generally normal spine -- no bone lossIt is a "silent disease" that progresses without any outward sign, sometimes for decades, until a sufferer has a fracture. People may often lose height due to collapsed vertebrae without realizing they have osteoporosis. The spine shown on the FAR left is more or less "normal" but tA spine that has lost a large percentage of its minerals -- shrunken and brittlehe spine closest to this text has been condensed by calcium loss. Yours might look this way, or worse!  It would be the same number of bones, just squished closer together because the calcium is 30% less!

My mother-in-law lost 2½ inches of her height in the years before she started taking the special Vibrant Life calcium that stopped her bone loss. It is not unusual for older people to shrink in size. A woman of 80 might have lost three or more inches from her height at 50!

You can’t grow those inches back, with any treatment I know, but you can sure stop further losses, and you can strengthen those bones so much that the chances of hip fracture are much less!

Osteoporosis is sometimes called brittle bone disease.

In Europe, Japan and the United States, an estimated 75 million people suffer from osteoporosis – as many as 200 million worldwide.

If present trends continue, the prevalence of osteoporosis is expected to double by 2020.

Broken Bones?

Twenty five million Americans have the bone disease, porous bones, or osteoporosis. For many, the broken bone can be a death sentence. Fifty thousand American women die each year as a result of complications AFTER a broken bone.

The story is usually a sad one.

I remember my Great Aunt Annie. She was old when I was young! She had lost two inches of her height because the bones had shrunk. But, she still got around, with a walker. Then, one day, she lost her balance, fell and fractured her left hip.

She seemed in such good spirits, for weeks and months after that, but she never left her bed, and she just got weaker and weaker.

At first her spirits were fine. But, from lack of exercise her muscles weakened. Her bones never did heal. She didn’t breathe well. Even when she wanted to walk, she could not. She got very discouraged. She got bed sores. She got irritable! She finally got so bad that no one wanted to visit with her. She finally died of something I didn’t begin to understand, back then – from the best I could understand she drowned in her sleep! How could someone drown in her sleep?  This type of drowning is NOT resolved with the techniquies used by lifeguards!  It happens when you are asleep -- just quietly!

This is an important point and I want to explain it much better.

Once an elderly person is confined to bed, unless he or she is well motivated to continue a variety of "exercises" in bed, certain complications can set in which lead to death.

You need to breathe deeply enough to completely fill your lungs, and expel ALL of the air in them -- every breath is a life-saver!

One of the problems here is that people seldom breath deeply enough to fill their entire lung capacity. When they are lying in bed it would be normal for their bodies to be bent forward, thus causing restriction and obstruction to the lungs. Furthermore, they don’t seem to need much oxygen, so may breathe even less deeply than normal.

What many people don’t realize is that the body eliminates a great deal of waste through the air expelled from the lungs. Sure, we get rid of waste products when we urinate, and the skin eliminates a lot, but the lungs, too, are important sources of removal from the body of various waste products.

Your Lungs Help Remove Many  Toxins From Your Body -- The Lungs Is Where The Water From Inside Your Body -- Carrying Toxins -- Gets Absorbed By The AIR, Then Expelled -- Thus Carrying The Toxins OUT Of The Body!

Most waste products are carried in the blood and all of the blood circulates through the lungs. THERE the water, along with toxins, is extracted from the blood. THAT water-toxin mixture mixes with the air in the lungs and THEN is expelled as moist air.

Usually, the amount of water in the air entering the lungs is less than the amount of water in the air leaving our lungs. So, our lungs are constantly collecting water from the body, and mixing it with air to get rid of it.

Now, picture this elderly woman (usually) whose breathing is getting more and more shallow, and whose lungs are trying to get rid of waste that the body doesn’t want. (Note on lung capacity.)

The water comes out into the lung tissue, but there just isn’t enough air to mix with, and some of that water settles in small pockets, finally big pools, inside the lungs. Infection sets in and causes more toxins to be excreted, with more water, into lung cavities.Death Gives Us Each The Chance To Start Over! I hope you can learn from the process!

So, when I was a kid I could not understand how someone would DROWN in their own water. It just didn’t make sense to me.  I understand death a great deal better now.

I hope it never happens to you!

And now you can understand how a fractured hip could lead to confinement in bed, lead to shallow breathing, and lead to an accumulation of water inside the lungs.

One of the solutions is quite common. Any competent doctor treating a person confined to bed this way, would insist that the patient start exercising his or her lungs by blowing into a simple gadget which measures the force of your breath.

One gadget has a Ping-Pong ball which jumps upwards in a plastic tube when you blow into it.

If your are breathing shallowly, and your lungs are weak, you can’t get that darn Ping-Pong ball to rise much.

When your lungs are in good shape, you CAN get the Ping-Pong ball to hit the top of the tube.

So, there are solutions to these problems, but I’ll bet you hadn’t heard such a simple explanation of water in the lungs, or such an easy remedy as Ping-Pong. The problems with your lungs, during extended bed confinement are more complicated than I’ve described, so I’m going to go on.

An old woman who fractures her hip, stays in bed and then dies from accumulation of water has died a terrible death.

That’s how my Great Aunt Annie went!

I didn’t understand then, but I do now.

The hip fracture, of course, is caused by lack of proper bone density, and that traces back, mostly, to lack of adequate calcium. But, that’s not a complete explanation either.

This problem is caused partly by LOSS of calcium from the bones and also by lack of the right amount and type of calcium in the diet.  It is an amazing fact that ancient man had a far better diet than we do today.  A million years ago as man got older his bones became more and more dense -- weak bone disease is a problem of modern diet.  Read about the Karl Loren Diet that would prevent or even reverse weak bones -- and read Adelle Davis about how you can prevent the weak bone disease.

You can see our bone product here: http://www.oralchelation.com/calcium.html

Sincerely,
Clifford Woods
Not interested in receiving more?  Click here:
http://www.heavymetalsout.com/listmail/rem.php?u=35063c9