[Loom-devel] Staggered/smooth

Joakim Ziegler joakim at styx.net
Mon Jan 31 22:37:22 CET 2000

On Mon, Jan 31, 2000 at 09:18:22PM +0000, Iain wrote:
>>> But I've no preference either way, so yeah, I can change them if you want.

>> Ok, I'd be grateful if you did. Thanks.

> Okay. I'll change it before I stick it in the CVS :)
> Another thing, what license will we do this under?
> GPL, LGPL, JAISL (Joakim and Iain's Silly License ;)?

> I'd say GPL, but I'd like to know what your views are.

For me, it's definitely a choice between GPL or LGPL. I usually like to say
GPL for everything, but this is a package which might be used by people who
want to use other licenses. On the other hand, we don't like other licenses.
And if we do GPL, we have access to a very large codebase, amongst them the
Flux library which we develop here, which has a lot of data structures and
things that might be handy, especially if we're going to expand beyond a tile
engine and do stuff like networked gaming protocols (would be a nice
complement to the project later).

So I say GPL.

Joakim Ziegler - styx research director - joakim at styx.net
FIX sysop - FIXmud admin - FIDEL & Conglomerate developer