[Loom-devel] A window flooded by the rays of the sun, and this

Brumet gutsiness at rsedata.com
Sun Dec 6 08:56:53 CET 2009

 went to sit in the park, quite close to the castle, and as soon as they
were established there: "Susie," said Bettina, "I am going to remind you
today of your promise; you remember what passed between us the night of
his departure; we settled that if, on the day of his return, I could say
to you, 'Susie, I am sure that I love him,' we settled that you would
allow me to speak frankly to him, and ask him if he would have me for
his wife." "Yes, I did promise you. But are you very sure?"
"Absolutely--and now the time has come to redeem your promise. I warn
you that I intend to bring him to this very place," she added, smiling,
"to this seat; and to use almost the same language to him that you
formerly used to Richard. You were successful, Susie, you are perfectly
happy, and I--that is what I wish to be." "Richard, Susie has told you
about Monsieur Reynaud." "Yes, and she has told me that there is no man
of whom she has a higher opinion, but--" "But she has told you that for
me it would be a rather quiet, rather commonplace marriage. Oh, naughty
sister! Will you believe it, Richard, that I can not get this fear out
of her head? She does not understand that, before everything, I wish to
love and be loved; will you believe it, Richard