[Loom-devel] had been hail

Fransisco Blitch lithographs at clarisys.co.uk
Wed Apr 21 03:31:14 CEST 2010

 her first, or Lansdale, manner. "Of course you fail! You have to go
inside to see," I explained

kindly. "But it only costs a dime,
which is little enough--the hired

enthusiast, indeed, stationed just outside the entrance, reminds us
over and over again that it is only 'the tenth part of a dollar,' and
he sometimes adds that 'it will neither make nor break nor set a man
up in business.' He
is a flagrant optimist in small money matters,
ever looking on the bright side." "Inside?" suggested my listener,
with some impatience.
I had regretted my beginning and had meant to shirk a finish if she
would let me; but it seemed I must go on. "Well, inside there's a
hand-organ going all the time,
you know--" "The wild man?"
she insisted, like a child looking ahead for the real meat of the
story
one is telling it. "I'm getting to him as fast as I consistently can.
The wild man sits tamely

in a cheap
chair on a platform, with a row of his photographs spread charmingly
at
his feet. Of course you are certain at once that he is no longer
wild. You know that a wild man wh