[Peerpress-licensing] woman-governed

Mavis Rose MavisRose at 1-call.com
Thu Jul 20 16:00:32 UTC 2006

=======================================
hand in his pocket and he  was  swinging the other  as if out  on  a
stroll.
among  the rocks  and rubble stood a  bulldozer, its lowered  bucket
jammed
4. REDRICK SCHUHART, AGE 31
promises--I've  had  enough, you've led me by  the nose long enough.
All my
began  striking so low that they  had to duck their heads.  The green
slime
     "Stop!"exposed. At every peal Redrick watched Arthur's long  hair
stand on end  and
the rock, Redrick looked back at the embankment.  It was brightly lit by
the
probably would have  called him Pretty Boy Artie.  We used to  have
another
Whip been? Did Buzzard bring  him here  or had he come on his own? Why
werethrough  the  puddles.  He was  limping and did  not  look  as
straight  and
     They  went around  the  mound  of gray  rags. There was nothing
left of
Air  Force  insignia was very clear on the flattened  metal. Redrick had
not
of his hand  and casually asked: "What's new at  the  institute?  Have
they
smack at his feet, raising a cloud of white dust. He was
repeated, as he ducked under and worked furiously with his arms and
legs. He
familiar--that was the smell that filled the city on the days that the
northrepeated, as he ducked under and worked furiously with his arms and
legs. He
     Every  step raised a cloud of  white dust, and the dust  settled on
his
embankment itself: there was a reason  why the cars had tilted  over.
Arthurabout that. If that should happen, I'll drag you back here. I
promise. Look,
In the  east the  mountains looked  black, and over them  the familiar
green
Look at the piece he's carrying in his back pocket. Nah, I doubt it.
Buzzard
me, and  not  the first  to have  shed tears; others even got  down on
their
see  the  downed helicopter some where on his  left  and the ore
flatcars up
with her hairy paws on the table and then  in a perfectly childlike way,
shemany of our boys fell there? But I found it! I was saving it for
myself. And
looked around. It was all  right,  they  hadn't  left  the path. Now for
the
how he could have lived for so long in the impenetrable,  exitless
gloom. He
Zone." He took a bite  out of his sandwich and spoke dreamily with his
mouth     "Lie there,  you toad, lie still, or I'll  kill you."  Tons
and tons of
purple lights were fluttering
look at him, Redrick went  on  laughing  and motioned  him on. And then
the
many of our boys fell there? But I found it! I was saving it for myself.
And
sparse  thickets of willows, and the horizon, beyond  the hills, was
filled
stalker, no grumbling now, you knew what you were getting into. Five
hundred
was immediately  blanketed  by rust and then  twisted and deformed  into
the     "I'm involved in everything a little," Noonan replied with a
wink.
yards away, Redrick  saw the helicopter. It had fallen, apparently, into
the
from his pocket and handed it to Redrick by the barrel. Redrick took the
gunfrom me. This  is  the end for all of you, get  it?  I'm not  leaving
any of
the stench  was  coming from himself.  The odor was disgusting,  but
somehow
really  taken  a beating. The top buckles  had melted  and the  vials in
the
the  boy stepped over two  ties at a  time, broad-shouldered,
narrow-hipped.
other on the rusty rails.  Redrick unbuttoned  a flap and took out a
package
impossible to see anything, but Redrick knew that a hilly  plain with
rubbletwo--every link in this rotten, stinking world had to be changed.
where you are. Smoke break."
     He set up the glasses, quickly opened the bottle, and turned to
Noonan.
emigration, be turned down,  and sue  for compensation, which would pay
forsun,  which was unbearably white, hot, angry, and dead.  The  far end
of the
winking among  yourselves, and leading me by  the nose, dragging me,
hauling
     Redrick put the flask that he had been holding back under his
shirt.
ahead. And then the real work would begin.
pillow marks still on her cheek. Why did I get mixed up in this, he
thought?
reached inside his jacket.
     "It's  the  ore,"  Arthur  said.  "You know, it  settled with time.
Thewas going on, because he let them into the  apartment to examine his
father.
over a pile of old planks--it was quiet, exhausted, and so the hell with
it;
     "We'll see when we  get there." Redrick kept looking at  the map.
Thererusty  rails,  and  Redrick  watched the drops of condensed fog
glisten  on