[PP-main] Cryptography

Hans Petter Jansson hpj at styx.net
Sun Mar 5 23:07:01 CET 2000

>> The only way it's possible to do: Using host signatures.

> This means nothing to me - what's to stop someone sitting between the two
> connections to learn host signatures (whatever they are)?  Without a

Only the public part of a host signature is sent. The private part is kept
secret and used to answer to challenges.

I have a nice book recommendation on this subject: Applied Cryptography by
Bruce Schneier.

By the way, will you be working on the communications code for Peerpress?

--
coffeecocacolagravitywars - Hans Petter Jansson - amigadracoempirefluxstuff
toomuchsugarkingcrimsonemperorcrimzgoodbadandonedayitsallgonnaendupinflames