[PP-main] Technical/implementation matters

Andrew Cooke andrew at andrewcooke.free-online.co.uk
Mon Mar 6 00:07:21 CET 2000

At 04:11 PM 3/5/00 -0600, you wrote:
>Of course, there will be documentation in the near future. Harping on about
>the relative merits of cryptosystems when you're not a cryptographer seems
>slightly useless, though. HTTP has crypto. Flux has crypto. Why not look at
>the differences instead?

I have not been abusive in this thread, but I am getting tired of your
sniping.  I am not a cryptographer, and I do not claim to be.  But I have
had experience of working with secure protocols.  What I was asking was a
basic question that should have been simple to answer.

If you don't want to discuss this, then fine.  It is your project, not
mine.  You are apparently convinced that it is good enough and anyone who
thinks otherwise has to prove it.  That is a strange way to approach
security - I had always thought that it was the responsibility of the
implementer to document and prove security.

Whatever - it is your problem if it is flawed.  I'm leaving this list.

Andrew

http://www.andrewcooke.free-online.co.uk/index.html