[PP-main] Cryptography

Hans Petter Jansson hpj at styx.net
Mon Mar 6 00:43:09 CET 2000

> It's just struck me that maybe you are using shared secrets (there's only a
> few machines involved in the network and you all know secret keys by some
> outside means like passing disks by hand) in which case we are talking at
> cross purposes.  I have been assuming that you were going to use some kind
> of public key approach...

Well, we are using public keys. Please take a look at the specification I
wrote (even as you were asking for one, I saw your request + dismissal
afterwards), and see if it doesn't satisfy your curiosity as well as the
requirements for security.

If you find weaknesses in the scheme, I'd like to hear about them. This is
not a rethorical twist, but an actual request for critique.

--
coffeecocacolagravitywars - Hans Petter Jansson - amigadracoempirefluxstuff
toomuchsugarkingcrimsonemperorcrimzgoodbadandonedayitsallgonnaendupinflames