[Peerpress-main] XML schemas.

nloth at senet.com.au nloth at senet.com.au
Mon Jan 8 07:14:22 CET 2001

Nice work, Joakim. My comments are inline.

> <sitelist>

>   <site id="kuro5hin.org" system="scoop" version="pp0.1">

Where do we get the id from? Is it the domain name? What about systems hosted
in a directory off a domain, or multiple systems on the same domain? Maybe the
id should be the baseuri, in which case it might be redundant?

>     <name>Kuro5hin</name>

Can people choose anything, or does this need to be registered somehow?

>     <languages>
>     EN_us
>     </languages>

Is this comma separated? Why not a list of languages:
<languages>
  <language>EN_us</language>
  <language>Klingon</language>
</languages>

>     <licensetypes>pp-exclusive, fee-based</licensetypes>

Again, why not a list? It makes it easier to parse and use XPath filters on.

>     <techcontact>tech at kuro5hin.org</frontpageuri>
>     <editorialcontact>rusty at kuro5hin.org</frontpageuri>
>     <licensingcontact>licensing at kuro5hin.org</licensingcontact>

How about:
<contacts>
  <contact type="tech">tech at kuro5hin.org</contact>
  <contact type="editorial">rusty at kuro5hin.org</contact>
  <contact type="licencing">licensing at kuro5hin.org</contact>
</contacts>

Isn't that potentially less trouble to extend? Also, does this contact have to
be an email address?

> </sitelist>
>

> <siteinfo id="kuro5hin.org" system="scoop" version="pp0.1">

Mostly my comments on this are the same

> </siteinfo>

Nick

This message was sent using SE Net Webmail.
http://webmail.senet.com.au/