[Peerpress-main] XML schemas.

Joakim Ziegler joakim at helixcode.com
Tue Jan 9 03:32:51 CET 2001

On Mon, Jan 08, 2001 at 10:54:42PM +0000, nloth at senet.com.au wrote:

>>> How about:
>>> <contacts>
>>>   <contact type="tech">tech at kuro5hin.org</contact>
>>>   <contact type="editorial">rusty at kuro5hin.org</contact>
>>>   <contact type="licencing">licensing at kuro5hin.org</contact>
>>> </contacts>

>>> Isn't that potentially less trouble to extend? Also, does this contact have
>>> be an email address?

>> It could be. It's more work to get a validating XML parser to check that all
>> required ones are included, though, for instance. As for being an email
>> address, what else do you envision that it could be?

> They could want to use their phone numbers, and ICQ address, etc. Why limit
> them?

> I understand your point about they parsing problem,
> though.

I suggest we add a free form contact field as well, which can be used for any
human-readable contact info the site owner wants to include, and we use this
in addition to the fields mentioned above. That should fill all needs. I'd
like to have some known email address fields like the ones mentioned here, so
scripts can send mail to these addresses when problems occur, etc.

--
Joakim Ziegler - Helix Code web monkey - joakim at helixcode.com - Radagast at IRC
      FIX sysop - free software coder - FIDEL & Conglomerate developer