[Peerpress-main] E started on the chase and returned

Cerrillo Sebron catachresis at netgiraffen.dk
Tue Mar 30 14:40:44 CEST 2010

T. In the course of the day some of the British came down in a small
boat. They had followed the large one, thinking it would get fast in
the rapids, in which case they were sure of taking her.
They had

summoned her on her way down to surrender, but she refused to do so,
and now, that she had passed the rapids in safety, all hope of taking
her had vanished. The British landed a big gun and gave

us three soldiers to manage it. They complimented us for our bravery in
taking the boat,
and told us what they had done at Prairie do Chien. They gave us, a keg
of rum, and joined

with us in our dancing and feasting. We gave them some things which we
had taken from the boat, particularly books and papers. They started
the next morning, promising to return in a few days with a large body
of soldiers. W