[Peerpress-main] Social Imaginaries, Volume 2, issue 1 (Spring 2016)

Zeta Books Update newsletter at zetabooks.com
Thu May 19 16:50:30 CEST 2016

Dear Reader, we are pleased to announce the release of our new publication: Schutzian Research Volume 6 / 2014.

A Yearbook of Worldly Phenomenology and Qualitative Social Science .

This volume of Schutzian Research contains papers presented at the Second Conference of the International Alfred Schutz Circle for Phenomenology and Interpretive Social Science, held in Buenos Aires, April 23-25, 2014.

In response to criticisms of Schutz’s work, that he neglected political structures and power relationships because of his phenomenological starting-point, the Conference attempted to show how Schutz’s framework takes account of how such structures and relationships impact the actor in everyday life.