[Peerpress-main] Early Modern Philosophy of Technology: Bacon and Descartes

Zeta Books Update newsletter at zetabooks.com
Mon Mar 6 08:10:15 CET 2017

Zeta Books Newsletter March 2017
			View this email in your browser

			Dear Reader,

			We are pleased to announce the release of our new publication:

			Robert R.A. Arnautu

			Early Modern Philosophy of Technology: Bacon and Descartes

			ISBN: 978-606-8266-73-2 (paperback)

			ISBN: 978-606-697-036-5 (ebook)

			Buying Options: Paperback, eBook Individuals, Institutional Online Acces

			BOOK SERIES: FOUNDATIONS OF MODERN THOUGHT

			Descartes is not only a philosopher but he is also a technological designer. He is involved in the design and even the construction of various devices, from the machine that cuts lenses, described in Dioptrics, to an automaton referred to in Cogitationes Privatae, a drainage system, a virginal, and the devices constructed with Villebressieu. Descartes works with craftsmen, offers theoretical and practical advice, and general considerations regarding the practice of constructing useful devices.

			This book addresses the ‘technological issues’ of Bacon’s and Descartes’ work in order to supply, for the philosophers of technology, a more nuanced analysis of the philosophical positions that set the stage for modern technology and, for the scholars in Early Modern studies, a different reading both of their philosophies and their conceptual affinities.

			View details

			Best wishes,
			Zeta Books
			zeta at zetabooks.com

			We thank you for your consideration and hope you take advantage of this special offer.

			Copyright © 2016 Zetabooks, All rights reserved.
			Unsubscribe from this list here!