[Peerpress-xml] o mention t

Lory Liukko brigading at pyramid.ehc.hu
Wed Apr 7 14:41:10 CEST 2010

 I found the child. And when we got there, there was the prisoner
a-sitting against the
bush where I found the child; and she cried out when she saw us, but she

never offered to move. She'd got a big piece of bread on her lap." Adam
had given a faint groan of despair while this witness was speaking. He
had hidden his face on his arm, which rested on the boarding in front of
him. It was the supreme moment of his suffering: Hetty was guilty; and
he was silently calling to God for help. He heard no more of the
evidence, and was unconscious when the case for the prosecution had
closed--unconscious that Mr. Irwine was in the witness-box, telling
of Hetty's unblemished character in her own parish and of
the virtuous habits in which she had
been brought up. This testimony could have no influence
on the verdict, but it was given as part of that plea for mercy

which her own counsel would have made if he had been allowed to speak
for h