[Peerpress-xml] DETAIN THE SHIP. Brande was asleep when I entered

Rauco Woolem wincey at matbaacilik.org
Sat Mar 27 23:05:43 CET 2010

Or me as we had arranged. She was shivering in spite of the awful heat.
"Have you done it?" she whispered.
"I have," I answered, without saying how much I had done. "Now you must
retire--and rest easy. The formula won't work. I have
put both it and Brande himself out of gear." "Thank God!" she gasped,
and then a sudden faintness came over her. It passed quickly, and as
soon as she was sufficiently restored, I begged her to go below. She
pleaded that
she could not sleep, and asked me to remain with her upon the deck. "It
would be absurd to suppose that either of us could sleep this night,"
she very truly said. On which I was obliged to tell her plainly that
she must
go below. I had more to do. "Can I help?" she asked anxiously. "No. If
you could, I would ask you, for you are a brave girl. I have something
now to get through which is not woman's work." "Your work is my work,"
she answered. "What is it?" "I have to lower a
body overboard without anyone observing me." There was no