[Peerpress-xml] Ember you was even with me, for you deny'd

Sifford Pocasangre abductor at nixforums.org
Mon Sep 27 09:11:35 CEST 2010

Side Equipage. Sir _Fran._ A Cunning Bagage, a faith thou art, and a
wise one too; and to show thee thou hast not chose amiss, I'll this
moment Disinherit

my Son, and Settle my whole Estate upon thee. _Miran._ There's an old
Rogue now: (_Aside._) No, _Gardy_, I would not have your Name be so
Black in the World--You know my Father's

Will runs, that I am not to possess my Estate, without your Consent,
till I'm Five and Twenty; you shall
only abate the odd Seven Years, and make me Mistress of my Estate to
Day, and I'll make you Master of my Person to Morrow. Sir _Fran._
Humph?
that may not be safe--No _Chargy_, I'll Settle it upon thee for
_Pin-mony_; and that will be every bit as well,

thou know'st. _Miran._ Unconscionable old Wretch, Bribe me with my
own Money--Which way shall I get out of his Hands? (_Aside._ Sir
_Fran._ Well, what art thou thinking on, my Girl, ha?
How to Banter Sir _George?_ _Miran._ I must not pretend to Banter: He
knows my Tongue too well: (_Aside._) No, _Gardy_,
I have thought of a way will Confound him more than all I cou'd say,
if I shou'd talk to him Seven Years. Sir _Fran._ How's that? Oh! I'm
Transported, I'm Ravish'd, I'm Mad--
_Miran._ It wou'd make you Mad, if you knew All, (_Aside._) I'll not
Answer him one Word, but be Dumb to all he says-- Sir _Fran._ Dumb,
good; Ha, ha, ha. Excellent, ha, ha,
I think I have you now, Sir _George_: Dumb!
he'll go Distracted--Well, she's the wittiest Rogue--Ha, ha, Dumb! I
can but Laugh,
ha, ha, to think how damn'd Mad he'll be when he finds he has given
his
Money away for a a Dumb Show. Ha, ha, ha. _Miran._ Nay, _Gardy_,

if he did but know my Thoughts
of him, it wou'd make him ten times Madde