[Pyrex] Problem with python 2.3?

adam hixson chixson at ou.edu
Tue Apr 15 07:12:29 CEST 2003

I'm currently playing around wtih the new alpha python 2.3, and I
discovered that the numeric_demo did not compile.

This was using pyrex 0.7.

It generated the following line:

if (!__Pyx_ArgTypeTest(((PyObject *)__pyx_v_a), &PyArray_Type, True,
"a")) {__
pyx_filename = __pyx_f1; __pyx_lineno = 22; goto __pyx_L1;}

and the error was that True is an undefined symbol.  I added a #define
True 1 to the c source and things compiled correctly.

I've noticed that python has started outputting True instead of 1 in
2.3.  Just thought I would mention this ... if this is a known issue,
sorry.