[Pyrex] Pyrex hard case

Greg Ewing greg at cosc.canterbury.ac.nz
Tue Apr 29 08:05:31 CEST 2003

rdrb at 123.cl writesL:

> Basically there is a Macro function that I can't map to Pyrex, so I
> create an equivalent dummy function and hand edit the .c file erasing
> the definition.

What exactly does this macro look like? It's hard to give
any advice without knowing just how difficult a case we're
talking about.

> There should be way to define some "macro functions" or something that
> like, that allow you to define a prototype without including it into
> the definitions of the C code

You can already do that if you can get away with pretending
that the macro is really a function, e.g.

  cdef extern from "somefile.h":
    foo *blarg_macro(int, spam *)

Because it's inside a "cdef extern from", Pyrex doesn't
generate any declaration for blarg_macro, and the C
compiler picks up the real definition from the .h file.