[Pyrex] confidential

george mfwamba george_mfwamba at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 8 19:09:53 CEST 2003

STRICTLY CONFIDENTIAL

NAME: MR. GEORGE MFWAMBA
SUBJECT: YOUR ASSISTANCE
COUNTRY: BENIN REPUBLIC
 CITY: COTONUO

My Dear Friend,

I am highly compelled upon strict recommendation, to write you
this very urgent and confidential letter. I do hope my letter
will not embarrass you since I had no previous correspondence
with you. I hope this mail will not come to you as a surprise.

I am sending this proposal with due sense of humanity,
responsibility and with few
awareness that you will give it a due attention. I regret the
inconvenience it may cause you based on the condition that we
have not met before.

My names are George Mfwamba, a son to the personal assistant to
Laurent Kabila, the late head of state/President of Democratic
Republic of Congo. I am contacting you in view of the fact that
you will be of great assistance to each other like wise
developing a cordial relationship.
 My father along with the head of state (Laurent Kabila) and some
top officials of their
past administration were killed in a palace coup sort of; in
January 2001, The current
attitude of the present government headed by Laurent Kabila's son
(Joseph) towards my
family has indeed made life quite unbearable for us forcing us to
run to Republic of Benin to seek refuge.

Fortunately, my late father had Twelve million and five hundred
thousand United States
Dollars (US$12.5 million) cash, which they intended to use for
arms importation then to
quell the rebellion and war from other opposing forces before
their untimely death.

This money was however diverted to and kept in a private security
company in Cotonu, Republic of Benin. This money was deposited
for safe keeping in the security vault of a freighting agency
here by my father preparatory to being air lifted abroad for
investment purposes (under the guise that money was remitted to
the arms dealers) before his death leaving a clause that an
expatriate partner could only claim it.
 It is only family and myself that know where the money is kept.
May his soul
rest is peace Due to the current situation in my country
concerning government’s vendetta toward my family and other
sundry crisis of leadership and rebel
uprising, we seek your assistance to transfer this money out of
Benin Republic for the
purpose of investment as intended by my father. We cannot take
the money back to Congo at all again.

Note that my family as asylum seekers with refugee status in
Benin Republic is currently
being protected by our host government. Towards this effect, an
embargo restricting my
family members from traveling or carrying out financial
transactions without their express permission is in force.
However, I have an arrangement on how you can help us to claim
this money to you after receiving some assurances from you of the
safety our own share and that you will only take the commission
that we will offer you.

This money personally belongs to us and we intend that it still
be used for investment. No record ever existed concerning this
money, neither is the money traceable by the
government because there is no documentation concerning the funds
in the Federal Treasury of Democratic Republic of Congo or
Republic of Benin where I am presently as a refugee

The company here has confirmed that as soon as a foreign
expatriate whom the family will bring comes, they will
immediately formalize arrangement and release the consignment to
him/her.
Bearing in mind that your assistance is needed to transfer this
fund, we propose a
commensurate commission of the total sum to you for the expected
services and assistance While 5% is mapped out for miscellaneous
and other associated expenses.

On your positive consent, I shall expect you to contact me
urgently to enable us discuss
about this. Your urgent response is highly needed. I must use
this opportunity to implore
you to exercise utmost indulgence to keep this matter
extraordinarily confidential, while

I await your prompt response.

Best regards,

MR. GEORGE MFWAMBA