[Pyrex] Re: Pyrex parser bug

John J Lee jjl at pobox.com
Sat Jul 19 19:02:30 CEST 2003

On Sat, 19 Jul 2003, Florian Schulze wrote:
[...]
> > return (((foo)(i) << 1) | BLAH)
[...]
> I would say this is valid code. It tries to call foo with i as an argument.
[...]

Yeah, that's true.  As long as you don't count the declaration of the
function's return type as making 'foo' a C type rather than a Python
object (perhaps that's defined in the Pyrex docs, I haven't looked).

> This is a very weird error message and hard to find bug for most newbies.

A traceback isn't a Pyrex error message at all, really -- it's a bug in
Pyrex.

John