[Pyrex] Problem with unions and nested structs

Geoffrey Bantle hairbat at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 11 15:28:58 CEST 2003

Hello all, I will try to make this brief since I have
been up way to long and the more I talk the less sense
I will make. Right now I am trying to wrap a library
called verse for defining the transfer and storage of
3d graphics over a network using UDP. Due to some
sticky problems concerning callbacks and SWIG I
thought I might give Pyrex a try. I hav'nt gotten very
far unfortunatley as wrapping the following from the
original header file....

typedef union{
	boolean active;
	uint32	integer;
	double	real;
	char	*string;
	double	vector[3];
	VNodeID	link;
	struct{
		VNodeID curve;
		uint32 start;
		uint32 end;
	}animation;
	struct{
		uint32	blob_size;
		void	*blob;
	}blob;
} VNTag;

as this in pyrex...

ctypedef union VNTag:
		boolean active
		uint32	integer
		double	real
		char	*string
		double	vector[3]
		VNodeID	link
		cdef struct animation:
			VNodeID curve
			uint32 start
			uint32 end
		cdef struct blob
			uint32	blob_size
			void	*blob

produces this error: 'Syntax Error in C variable
declaration'

I'm really at a loss as to whats going on at this
point. I have tried looking at all the docs and
examples and havnt found anything that might help me
in adressing my current problem. If anyone has any
suggestions I would greatly appreciate it as I would
like to get this lib wrapped by the end of the week
and really am anxious to use this tool.

Cheers,
Geoffrey Bantle.