[Pyrex] Overlapped I/O

Steve W. Hanawalt Steve.Hanawalt at silabs.com
Mon Jun 23 15:47:11 CEST 2003

I am trying to make a DLL accessible to python using Pyrex, but I've run into a problem with overlapped I/O.  Do you have any suggestions on how to declare the following in Pyrex?

typedef struct _OVERLAPPED {
    ULONG_PTR Internal;
    ULONG_PTR InternalHigh;
    union {
        struct {
            DWORD Offset;
            DWORD OffsetHigh;
        };

        PVOID Pointer;
    };

    HANDLE  hEvent;
} OVERLAPPED, *LPOVERLAPPED;

I know Mark Hammond has managed to do it somehow using SWIG in is Win32all, but I really don't want to reinvent the wheel.  I'm open to any suggestions you might have.

Thank you,
Steve

This email and any attachments thereto may contain private, confidential,
and privileged material for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any
review, copying, or distribution of this email (or any attachments thereto)
by others is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient,
please contact the sender immediately and permanently delete the original
and any copies of this email and any attachments thereto.