[Pyrex] undefined symbol: None

John J Lee jjl at pobox.com
Tue Jun 24 00:57:08 CEST 2003

I should have left my problem to be cured by a night's sleep, sorry.
Thanks for your help, anyway.

On Mon, 23 Jun 2003, Greg Ewing wrote:
> John J Lee <jjl at pobox.com>:
[...]
> Never try to use a C file produced by Pyrex if the Pyrex
> compiler reports an error. Your .pyx file gives me:
>
> /home/cosc/staff/research/greg/tmp/foo.pyx:21:24: Cannot convert Python object to 'TidyDoc'

I missed that because my Makefile seems to be continuing despite pyrex
failing.  I guess that's a distutils problem...

> You seem to be somehow expecting Pyrex code to pass
> in a TidyDoc, which is impossible because it's a
> C struct. You'll have to wrap it in an extension
> type.

Actually it's a pointer (and I messed up the Pyrex declaration of it).  I
was expecting SWIG-like handling of pointers, but now I understand you use
extension types for that, which seem very nice!  Having fixed that, all
seems to be working so far.

John