[Pyrex] Strange behaviours in 0.8

Greg Ewing greg at cosc.canterbury.ac.nz
Wed Jun 25 03:43:04 CEST 2003

Roberto Cavada <cavada at irst.itc.it>:

> 1a) Name prefix at least for external types (probably already
> reported):

Yes, I know about this, I'll look into it as soon as I can.

> 1b) The example above also makes me wondering if it could be better to
> do not remap ClassA_ptr as ClassA_TAG* as well as the current
> generator does.

It wouldn't matter in this case were it not for the name
mangling bug. But I'm considering changing this anyway for
other reasons.

> 2) cimport searches for .pxd files before searching for .pyx, and this
> is what users actually expect if they are customed to any similar
> tools. Anyway I think that something is wrong here, since the .pxd
> files is searched and processed even if the cimport statement is not
> specified.

Whenever you give it a .pyx file to process, it always looks to see
whether there's a corresponding .pxd file, and if there is, it reads
it first, effectively concatenating the two files.

It's done this way so that, when you're exporting declarations, you
only need to write them in one place (i.e. the .pxd file).

But it shouldn't search for any *other* .pxd files unless you cimport
them.

Does that make sense?