[Pyrex] newby guidance

Greg Ewing greg at cosc.canterbury.ac.nz
Thu Jun 26 04:07:16 CEST 2003

Robin Becker <robin at reportlab.com>:

> Can I make use of pyrex to create my struct and pass it around to C code
> without defining the struct again in pyrex?

It depends on what you want to do with the struct. If
you can get away with treating it as a completely
opaque struct in Pyrex, then all you need is

  cdef extern from "myheader.h":
    struct MyStruct

But if Pyrex code needs to access any of its members, you
will need to provide Pyrex declarations for at least
those members.