[Pyrex] Implicit conversions failing

Greg Ewing greg at cosc.canterbury.ac.nz
Mon May 19 04:48:03 CEST 2003

David McNab <david at rebirthing.co.nz>:

> Note that the FLWM engine is written in C++. So to take events from it,
> and to pass actions to it, I've written a shim of functions

Are there any C++ exceptions involved here? I have no idea
what might happen if the C++ runtime attempts to propagate
an exception through Pyrex or Python code.

> I'd be very happy to send a tarball of the complete thing. But I hope
> you can understand that it's not too easy to boil down to a minimal
> case.

Okay, send away.

> But there's good news - now that I'm explicitly doing teh conversions to
> and from with PyLong_(As|From)Long(), everything is working
> perfectly.

If you can point out the places where you needed to add these
conversions, I could have a look at the generated C code in
the vicinity and see if anything looks wrong about it.