[Pyrex] Weak references to Pyrex extension types

Matthias Baas baas at ira.uka.de
Sun May 25 15:24:54 CEST 2003

Hi,

as far as I can tell Pyrex doesn't support creating extension types that
support weak references (I haven't found it in the manual and when I tried
it out it just didn't work). From reading the Python Library Reference
(section 3.3.3 "Weak References in Extension Types") it doesn't sound
particularly difficult to support weak referencing. So is there any chance
to get this into Pyrex in the near future? Greg?
Is there any disadvantage in making *all* Pyrex extension types support
weak references? If not, then there's no new keyword or anything necessary
but all extension types could automatically support weak references.

- Matthias -