[Pyrex] Re: callback

Greg Ewing greg at cosc.canterbury.ac.nz
Tue Nov 11 03:52:00 CET 2003

> i was surprised by the stack trace which is below.  notice that the
> fully qualified path to the machine it was built on is displayed.  i
> would really like pyrex not to include the fully qualified path to my
> internal development machine.  is there a way to fix this?

Pyrex includes the full pathname at present in the interests
of uniquely identifying the file. I suppose I could change this,
if it's really worrying people, at the expense of the file no
longer being uniquely identified.

Note that the situation is slightly different from displaying the name
of a Python file in the traceback. The Python file must exist
somewhere on the user's machine, so it makes sense to display a
pathname to the users' version of it. But the Pyrex source file isn't
necessarily on the user's machine at all, so displaying its pathname
on the original machine might not be worse than displaying anything
else...