[Pyrex] Re: callback

Andreas Kostyrka andreas at mtg.co.at
Tue Nov 11 09:21:00 CET 2003

On Mon, Nov 10, 2003 at 07:37:13PM -0800, Bryan Weingarten wrote:
> currently, our solution is to just compile the pyx file to a c file, run
> a script that strips all commonts and __pyx_filenames of there full path
> and leaves the filename.  then compile the c file.  manually modifying
> the c file seems like a hack, but at this point, this is the only way
> i'm allowed to use pyrex.  currenly, the python extension generated by
> pyrex won't pass our QA department until the internal names are removed.
How does Python as a whole pass your QA department? I mean if including
the filename is not allowed how do they react to the fact that you ship
source code?
Points to consider:
-) .py is source.
-) .pyc/.pyo is equivalent to source (try decompyle.py sometimes), AND it
   contains the internal paths to where it was compiled.

Andreas