[Pyrex] Re: Re: Pyrex and C++

Mike Rovner mike at nospam.com
Wed Nov 19 00:38:52 CET 2003

Andreas Kostyrka wrote:
> The important thing is that you need c++ mode to interface to C++
> libraries. (And there might be other technical reasons like exception
> propagation).

AFAIK  C modules doesn't stop exception propagation, i.e.
if a() calls b() calls c(), where a & c are c++ and b is c,
exceptions from c can be catched in a.
Correct me if I'm wrong.

Interfacing to C++ is much more delicate task and despite
I love pyrex and use it all the way to link with C
prefer to use boost to link to C++.
So IMHO aiming to deal with C++, compiling with C++
isn't a first priority task.

So my question still stand - why do we need C++ compilation mode?

Regards,
Mike