[Pyrex] problems Linking under Mac OSX

David McNab david at rebirthing.co.nz
Thu Oct 9 10:25:17 CEST 2003

Hi,

A python app I'm writing/distributing contains one Pyrex-generated
module.

To spare the need for people to install pyrex, I've provided the
pyrex-generated .c and .h files, plus a makefile which links these.

For many/most users, this works fine.

But one Mac OSX user has had no end of trouble.

Specifically, the module is my SSLCrypto wrapper, which wraps and
abstracts part of the OpenSSL 'libcrypto' library. For reference,
there's a tarball of it up on:
http://www.freenet.org.nz/python/SSLCrypto.

For most people, the link args '-lcrypto -lpython2.x' suffice. But my
poor old Mac OSX user is getting hordes of undefined symbols.

To anyone who's conversant with Mac OSX, can you please tell me:
1) What's the proper way to locate the needed libcrypto.so and
libpython2.x.so (or equivalent) files on OSX?
2) Given my Pyrex-generated file 'SSLCrypto.c', which has compiled ok
into 'SSLCrypto.o', what gcc options should I use to link it into a
module that can be imported into Python?

Thanks very muchly in advance

--
Cheers
David