[Pyrex] Function wrapping problems

Simon Frost sdfrost at ucsd.edu
Tue Oct 14 23:19:35 CEST 2003

Dear Pyrex List,

I'm trying to wrap some C code (emitted from Eiffel using the SmartEiffel
compiler, not that it matters) using Pyrex, so I can call the C function
from Python. The C code that calls the function directly is as follows:

#include <stdio.h>
#include "eiffel.h"

int main(int argc, char* argv[ ])
{
    initialize_eiffel_runtime(argc,argv);
    run_epidemic(eiffel_root_object);
    return 0;
}

Here are the declarations that I (think I) need for Pyrex:

cdef extern from "epidemic.h":
   void initialize_eiffel_runtime(int argc,char* argv[])

cdef extern from "eiffel.h":
   void run_epidemic(void* C)
   void* eiffel_root_object

This question probably reflects my lack of knowledge (of both C and Pyrex),
but how can I reproduce my C main function within a Pyrex function?

Thanks!
Simon