[Pyrex] Pyrex and MSVC

Greg Ewing greg at cosc.canterbury.ac.nz
Thu Sep 4 04:15:11 CEST 2003

> The first one is that Pyrex emits this C code that MSVC does not like very
> much:
>
> staticforward char *__pyx_f[];

It seems that staticforward is incorrectly defined in the
Python 2.3 version of Python.h. This isn't really Pyrex's
fault, but I may include some sort of workaround for it
in the next release.

> I use the "long long" declaration. However the MSVC uses the __int64
> form.

Pyrex really ought to be using LONG_LONG, which Python.h
defines appropriately for the platform. This is on my list
too.