Production Pyrex Re: [Pyrex] Pyrex at Pycon

Greg Ewing greg at cosc.canterbury.ac.nz
Tue Apr 6 02:57:18 CEST 2004

Paul Prescod <paul at prescod.net>:

> I won't push you to accept such a big job but I will disagree with you
> that Pyrex is any more or less of an experiment than any other open
> source project.

Perhaps not, but it's a very new one, and still in a high
state of flux. Maybe when it's settled down a bit I'll
feel more comfortable about making Pronouncements. Hmmm...
maybe if I called them Suggestions with a capital S
it would make people feel better. :-)

> I presume you have some particular feature set in mind for 1.0.

It's very close to having all the features I originally
envisioned, and already has a couple more I thought up
along the way. Probably 1.0 will happen quite soon.
(It'll have to, because I'm fast running out of pre-1.0
version numbers!)