[Pyrex] Is this a bug or am I doing it wrong?

Gary Bishop gb at cs.unc.edu
Fri Apr 9 02:50:36 CEST 2004

I'm building a module "matrix" to be included in a package "my" using
Pyrex. This works fine allowing me to "import my.matrix". But while
trying to implement the pickle protocol for the resulting object, I've
run into the problem that __module__ returns "matrix" instead of
"my.matrix". A python module inside a package will return "my.matrix"
for its __module__ name. The pickle protocol wants to be able to find
the class for later unpickling.

Is there a way to tell Pyrex that the module is going to reside inside
a package?

Thanks
gb

(Pyrex is great stuff, I'm having a good time learning it.)