[Pyrex] distutils.cfg and weave etc....

Voidspace mike at pcblokes.com
Thu Apr 22 20:23:01 CEST 2004

[snip..]

>> Where did you put the distutils.cfg?  It has to go in your
>> Python2X\Lib\distutils directory.  Mine looks like this:
>>
>> [build]
>> compiler=mingw32
>>
>> If you have that in place, you should never need the --compiler
>> flag.  In the two years I've had that file, I've never needed
>> --compiler or -c.

Even when I created a 'distutils.cfg' file as above.... it wasn't working.

When I also added :
[build_ext]
compiler=mingw32

it worked.

Hmmm.....

You seen the weave project - allows you to have C functions inline with
your python - which are dynamically compiled at runtime.. what about a
Pyrex version of weave...

Or *even* the 'cint' - c interpreter (which understands enough C to run
itself - about 90% of ANSI C and C++ it reckons) !! What about a *pyrex*
interpreter ;-)

(only joking - but they're both interesting tools for learning C which
is my current 'project'... when I've done that I can learn pyrex
properly...)

Anyway - keep up the good work. Pyrex is a great project for improving
python..

(Oh and Ipython seems like a great console replacement - it's an
enhanced interactive python interpreter... I'm having difficulty getting
it working  -but it seems to include evrything I could want from a console).

Regards (and thanks for the help),

Fuzzy

--

http://www.Voidspace.org.uk
The Place where headspace meets cyberspace. Online resource site - covering science, technology, computing, cyberpunk, psychology, spirituality, fiction and more.

---
http://www.atlantibots.org.uk
Atlantibots - stomping across the worlds of Atlantis.
Building with Python - programming language that rules the world.
---
http://www.fuchsiashockz.co.uk