[Pyrex] Problems deallocing objects...

John Sutherland garion at twcny.rr.com
Mon Aug 2 17:19:51 CEST 2004

Hello list...

I've been using Pyrex for a few months now.. But now I'm running into an
odd problem that I can't seem to track down..

I have 2 pyrex based modules.. One wraps access to a proprietary database
(we'll call it module A), and anotehr one (module B) that imports and
calls module A..

I have a script that imports and calls module B.. The script executes
perfectly, except that I get a Windows exception as the script exits..
Switching both modules to debug, the script runs fine, no exceptions..
Makes this tough to find...

I did some printf tracing, and found that the crash is happening in the
dealloc of module B, where it is trying to DECREF the reference to module
A. . I put some printf's in module A's dealloc, but it never gets called..

Windows XP, MSVC 6.0, and Pyrex 0.9.2.1, Python 2.3.4

Any ideas?

--
--John