[Pyrex] (no subject)

Phillip J. Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Wed Aug 18 05:24:14 CEST 2004

At 11:01 PM 8/16/04 -0600, angolero at linux.ajusco.upn.mx wrote:

>Hello to all.
>I want to use pirex but i need my code to be multiplataform in particular
>to run
>  on windows to, i know thah in general the linux users dont know about
> windows
>problems but i need help so ....
>
>i really dont know where to start if i try to run the setup.py whit the
>install
>option i have this error:
>
>D:\Python23>python d:\Python23\Lib\site-packages\Pyrex-0.9.3\setup.py install
>Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "d:\Python23\Lib\site-packages\Pyrex-0.9.3\setup.py", line 27, in ?

Don't unpack it in your site-packages directory; do it somewhere else.

Also, as somebody else has mentioned, you should be in the Pyrex-0.9.3
directory when you run 'python setup.py install'.

>As somone run pirex on windows succsefully ??
>i have to compile something with cgwin ??

If you create a 'setup.py' for the extensions you want to build, you can
follow these instructions:

http://randomthoughts.vandorp.ca/WK/blog/758_Simple_instructions_to_compile_python_C_extensions_in_windows.item

to use the MinGW C compiler.