[Pyrex] Pyrex 0.9: Compiled code produces segmentation fault

Matthias Baas baas at ira.uka.de
Mon Feb 2 21:37:51 CET 2004

Paul Prescod wrote:
> Perhaps you could try something for me? Change the generated C code to
> add this line from Pyrex 0.8.2:
>
>   __pyx_type_3vec_vec3iter.tp_free = _PyObject_GC_Del;

It seems you and Greg have already identified the problem and found a
solution. Thanks!

I'd just like to confirm that the above line actually did prevent the
crash (so did disabling the garbage collector. And doing a manual
garbage collection cycle provoked an earlier crash).

> The bug shows up in 2.2 for sure. Probably 2.2.1, 2.2.2 as well.

I'm using 2.2.2 which does show the bug. I haven't tested 2.2.3 though.

- Matthias -