[Pyrex] Cannot cdef __init__?

Paul Prescod paul.prescod at blastradius.com
Mon Jan 19 22:55:54 CET 2004

Let me give you a quick hint. __init__ methods usually end up in the tp_init
slot of a PyTypeObject (do a search for __init__ in Pyrex output). That slot
has a fixed signature. You can't change it. So your cdef __init__ stuff has
to go somewhere else. I'm not sure what you'll put in the tp_init ...
perhaps a method that just throws a TypeError exception or something?

 Paul Prescod