[Pyrex] ANN: Pyximport

Arnd Zapletal a_zapletal at web.de
Thu Jan 22 03:57:19 CET 2004

Paul Prescod <paul at prescod.net> wrote:

 >>http://www.prescod.net/pyximport/

Paul,

finally found some time and had a try:
I believe there is a minor mess with your module names (probably you renamed a former version?)

pyxbuild is referred as build_pyx in pyximport.py at some places
(same for the supplied README with both of them)

I changed this, *afterwards* the test-run worked and -Hooray- I can run my stuff
directly from SciTE now. Nice.

Hmm. I wonder whether pyximport could be integrated into the pyrex-package?
So one could pass source code directly to others, and non-pyrexers/-pythonics wouldn't have to care about compiling it (explicitely).

This was your idea, or?
Arnd