[Pyrex] Re: Pyrex versus ctypes

Thomas Heller theller at python.net
Fri Jun 11 17:40:44 CEST 2004

Michal Pasternak <michal at pasternak.w.lub.pl> writes:

> You wrote:
>> True, although there is progress.  I have to use sourceforge's
>> compilefarm, which is a pain to use, for platforms other than windows
>> and x84 suse running under vmware here.  Currently I have it running on:
>> windows, suse 9.1 x86, redhat 9.0 x86, Suse 8 ES AMD 64 (Ha! a 64-bit
>> platform, with minor failures in the unittests), Sparc Solaris 9 with
>> more failures, and MacOSx 10.2 with even more failures.  I need help for
>> more platforms...
>
> Would you like to add x86/FreeBSD 5.2.1-RC box (2.5 GHz, 0.5 GB RAM, jailed
> root access possible) to that collection? If yes, please e-mail me the
> details.

Thanks for the offer, but to be honest, I would be *much more*
interested in people using these platforms helping out with testing /
debugging / development.  I won't *use* ctypes on platforms other than
windows in the foreseeable future.

(There is a FreeBSD platform on the SF compilefarm, but 'configure'
fails with 'C compiler cannot create executables).

Thomas