[Pyrex] simple statement list error

Christopher Fonnesbeck chris at fonnesbeck.org
Tue Mar 2 21:06:51 CET 2004

I am trying to wrap the header file of one of the GRASS GIS libraries
in order to call some of its functions from python. I have converted
the following:

#ifndef GRASS_VECT_H
#define GRASS_VECT_H
#include "gis.h"
#include "vect/digit.h"

/* --- ANSI prototypes for the lib/vector/Vlib functions --- */
/* "Public" functions, for use in modules */
     /* Basic structures */
       /* Points (line) */
struct line_pnts *Vect_new_line_struct (void);
int Vect_append_point (struct line_pnts *, double, double, double);
int Vect_append_points (struct line_pnts *, struct line_pnts *, int);
int Vect_line_insert_point (struct line_pnts *, int, double, double,
double);
int Vect_line_delete_point (struct line_pnts *, int);
int Vect_line_prune (struct line_pnts *);

to this:

#ifndef GRASS_VECT_H
#define GRASS_VECT_H
#include "gis.h"
#include "vect/digit.h"

/* --- ANSI prototypes for the lib/vector/Vlib functions --- */
/* "Public" functions, for use in modules */
     /* Basic structures */
       /* Points (line) */
struct line_pnts *Vect_new_line_struct()
int Vect_append_point (struct line_pnts *, double, double, double)
int Vect_append_points (struct line_pnts *, struct line_pnts *, int)
int Vect_line_insert_point (struct line_pnts *, int, double, double,
double)
int Vect_line_delete_point (struct line_pnts *, int)
int Vect_line_prune (struct line_pnts *)

according to the overview instructions. However, I get the following
error, which refers to the first non-commented line:

/Users/chris/Development/python/Vect.pyx:7:7: Syntax error in simple
statement list

I think I have followed the directions carefully, but am not sure what
is going wrong here. Any help most appreciated.

Thanks,
Chris
--
Christopher J. Fonnesbeck ( c h r i s @ f o n n e s b e c k . o r g )
Georgia Cooperative Fish & Wildlife Research Unit, University of Georgia