[Pyrex] Pyrex at Pycon

Paul Prescod paul at prescod.net
Tue Mar 30 07:51:26 CEST 2004

Greg Ewing wrote:

> Michael JasonSmith <mpj17 at student.canterbury.ac.nz>:
>

>>As a person who has to teach C, I would be happy to see the preprocessor
>>doused in petrol, thrown into the middle of the road and set on fire.
>>It causes more confusion than it is worth :)
>

> I'd be happy with that, too, but unfortunately people want
> to wrap header files that do contain macros.

When I had some extra time on a plane I started to write up a
PEP-like-thing. My proposal is that macros are expanded by the
preprocessor and Pyrex works on the expanded output.

If a person WANTS to use a macro from Pyrex (evil!) then they just need
to type-declare it manually. Usually the ratio of functions to macros is
something like 20-1 so that is probably acceptable.

  Paul Prescod