[Pyrex] Pyrex at Pycon

Greg Ewing greg at cosc.canterbury.ac.nz
Wed Mar 31 03:39:59 CEST 2004

Bob Ippolito <bob at redivi.com>:

> Well, it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world to process all the
> system header files once (though caching this somewhere would be
> awfully smart).

I think you're missing the point. If you take the simplistic approach
of just passing the .h file through the C preprocessor before
translating, then the output is going to include the translations of
everything included by that .h, whereas you really only want
translations of what is defined in that particular .h. If you want
translations of an included .h, you should be translating it
separately.

Otherwise there will be huge amounts of duplication in the
translated definitions.