[Pyrex] Pyrex on Mac OS X

Justin Walker justin at mac.com
Tue Nov 23 08:27:00 CET 2004

On Nov 22, 2004, at 23:19, Bob Ippolito wrote:

> On Nov 23, 2004, at 6:58 AM, Justin Walker wrote:
>
>> Thanks for the reply; it helped...
[snip]
>> The guide was good.  I misread the other doc.  I hacked together a
>> setup script, and ran it without incident.  However, there's
>> something I'm missing:

>> Traceback (innermost last):
>>   File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
>>   File "/SandBox/sb/PyrexTest/PyHecke/prof.py", line 11, in matmul
>>     t1 = T1.timeit(tries)
>>   File
>> "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.3/lib/
>> python2.3/timeit.py", line 158, in timeit
>>     return self.inner(it, self.timer)
>>   File "<timeit-src>", line 3, in inner
>> ImportError: Inappropriate file type for dynamic loading
>>
>> My setup script sez:
>> from distutils.core import setup
>> from distutils.extension import Extension
>> from Pyrex.Distutils import build_ext
>> setup(
>>     name = "mult2",
>>     ext_modules=[
>>         Extension("mult2", ["mult2.pyx"])
>>     ],
>>     cmdclass = {'build_ext':build_ext}
>> )
>>
>> Are there other arguments to setup that I should know about?
>
> Uh.. the argument to uninstall whatever non-standard compiler you have
> installed, that's taking precedence over Xcode?

OK, you got me there.  I don't think I have a non-standard compiler
installed.  (FWIW, Xcode is an IDE, not a compiler).  I just compile
the result of using 'pyrexc' [which is v. 0.9.3, installed in the
Python.framework tree] with gcc.

Maybe I'm missing your point.  I'm new to this kind of development.

Regards,

Justin

--
Justin C. Walker, Curmudgeon-At-Large  *
Institute for General Semantics        | Some people have a mental