[Pyrex] Pyrex on Mac OS X

Justin Walker justin at mac.com
Wed Nov 24 22:33:11 CET 2004

On Nov 23, 2004, at 15:33, Bob Ippolito wrote:

> On Nov 24, 2004, at 1:29 AM, Justin Walker wrote:

>>> Also normal
>>
>> By normal do you mean that I shouldn't expect to run setup in a
>> python session?
>
> Correct, setup.py is a script.. you shouldn't use it as a module.
> That's just how distutils works, for better or for worse.

But, but...

Doesn't one import all ".py" files?  I've looked through the available
doc for the difference between "scripts" and "modules", but nothing
jumps out at me.

Is the distinction that a script is something you run as "python
script.py", while a module is something that you "import"?  As said,
I'm new to this, so some of the more obvious stuff isn't (to me).

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Justin

--
Justin C. Walker, Curmudgeon-At-Large  *
Institute for General Semantics        | It's not whether you win or