[Pyrex] weak references to Pyrex instances?

Matthias Baas baas at ira.uka.de
Tue Oct 5 18:20:05 CEST 2004

Greg Ewing wrote:
> Also, I haven't decided whether all extension types should
> be weak referenceable automatically, or whether it should
> be an option. Any thoughts on that from people?

If the only disadvantage is the storage cost for one more pointer, then
it's ok with me if every extension type is automatically weak referenceable.

If you choose to make it configurable I'd vote for enabling weak
referencing by default as it is also the case in pure Python programs.
And as programming in Pyrex still feels very "Pythonic" I'd suggest to
keep things as similar as possible to how it's done in Python.

- Matthias -